Saturday, February 2, 2013

I Must Be Trippin' - Foster Care Support Group

I've had quite a few requests on the FB page asking about online foster care support groups and quite a bit of interest from readers for me to start one.  So...

I set up a Foster Care Support Group for "I Must Be Trippin's" readers on FB.  While the group will mostly be geared towards foster parents, I'd love to include close family members as well.  There are lots of support groups for foster parents, but very few for foster family members.  I know that my extended family is just as invested in my children as I am, and the emotional toll is just as hard on them as it is on me.  I'm sure that it's the same for many of you as well.  I hope this group will be a great support for our families as well as for each of us.

Source
The FB group is a closed group, so only members can see what is posted. 

I know that having a group of people to confide in who totally "get it" has been a huge support for me over the years.  "Meeting" and becoming friends with other foster parents with similar experiences has been one of the surprising perks of blogging, and I'm happy to be able to set up a place where we can ask questions, vent, laugh, cry, and support each other through this crazy roller coaster ride that is Foster/Adopt Land.

Hope to see you there!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You might see me there if I ever get a placement again!

Related Posts with Thumbnails