Friday, March 5, 2010

Where's the Genie?!?

Only one more week, and I should be fracture boot-free!!! However, now that I've been able to do more and more on my own, and my mom has moved back home, I've come to the realization that I've become slightly spoiled.

When I first decided to do foster care, I went into it as a single, working mom. I adjusted really well, and was totally used to doing everything completely on my own. I never knew anything different! After I fell and broke my leg, my mom moved in to help take care of me and the Booger Bear. ...and I got spoiled.

I realized that last night when I opened the cabinet to get a sippy cup, and there weren't any in there! "But there are always clean sippy cups! How did this happen?!?" :-( I hand-washed a cup, opened the fridge to pour J some juice... AND THERE WAS NO MORE JUICE!!! WTF?!? Then, this morning after I had changed J's diaper and went to throw it in the Diaper Genie... "WHERE THE HECK DID THAT DAMN GENIE GO?!?" It was completely overflowing!!!

I don't understand. Things were going SO WELL! Seriously! My ceiling fan blades even got a dusting when my mom was with me! The dishes were done, the trash was taken out, the bathrooms were clean, the catbox was clean, the windows were cleaned for crying out loud! There was this magical house-cleaning genie who moved in around the same time that my mom came to help me with the baby, but I think she moved out when my mom left. :-(

I am sad now, and I've decided that I rather liked having a two-parent household. I guess that means I'm going to have to break down and start actively looking for a husband. Only somehow, I don't think a husband could take the place of my magical house-cleaning genie. :-)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails