Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Patience is a Virtue...

...and I don't have it!

I had forgotten how frustrating the waiting can be...  Especially when you're waiting for something good... 

It's been three weeks since the Booger Bear went to live with his dad, and I'm already slipping back into "Single Cat Lady" mode.  It's not all bad.  I can totally get used to staying up super late, sleeping in til 10:30 on the weekends, taking three hour naps...  I've managed to get caught up on a year's worth of TV and movies that I'd saved to the DVR.  (Poor DVR.  I'm surprised it hasn't exploded!)  I was even able to go CLOTHES SHOPPING for myself for the first time in almost a year!  (My bottom thanks me, as the old, holy underwear have been retired.)

The cat is thrilled silly to get his mama all to himself again.  He's driving me bonkers though because he's on me ALL THE TIME!  "Mama!  Mama!  Mama!  MAMA!  MAMA!"  I guess he's just doing his part to keep me on my toes and prepped for the next baby who comes my way.  I still break out the bubbles every once in a while because the cat likes to play with them even more than the Booger did!  :-)

The only problem with Single Cat Lady mode is that it can become quickly addicting.  I'm trying really, really hard to stay on "baby time" so it's not too big of a shock to the system when I get a new placement.  But at the same time, I do soooo love those three hour naps!  I miss the Booger like crazy though and really miss having a little one in the house.  It's too quiet and lonely without little smiles and hugs.  I even miss the noisy toys and J's possessed Elmo doll that talked on its own even when it was turned off!

So I wait...  and wait...  and wait...  and wait!  It usually takes longer for me to get a placement because I'm a single, working mom.  Ultimately, it's up to the child's caseworker as to where he/she ends up, so it's a gamble.  Some have preferences to stay-at-home moms...  Others don't care.  I swear, my heart stops every time I see my caseworker's name pop up on the caller ID though!  It will happen eventually.  I just don't like waiting.  Patience is a virtue and all, but I don't have it!  ...especially when I'm waiting for something good.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails