Monday, August 9, 2010

On a Mission

I'm on a mission to re-CPS-proof my house and to change things up a bit from the way they were when I had the Booger.  I was a cleaning, rearranging, organizational wizard this weekend!  "What did you do that has you feeling like Wonder Woman," you might ask?  Well, I'll tell you in a lovely little bulleted list!  Because we all know by now how I love lists!  :-)

Friday after work:
  • Ran straight to my favorite children's resale shop for their Grab Bag Clearance sale!  I bought about $175 worth of clothes for $18.94!
  • Unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher for the first time in about three weeks.  (Hey!  I live alone and rarely cook.  It takes a while to build up dishes.  Although I must admit, it was getting a little ridiculous.)
  • Woke up and went to Melissa's house with Christy and the twins to jewelry shop and to drop off her "smell pretties" (as she calls her Scentsy order).  Melissa sells Premier Designs and she was having a week-long open house, so we just had to go see what new goodies she had to offer!  Buddy had fun playing with Melissa's 2-year-old little girl (He's GREAT with little kids), and Ka-Diva had a blast "glamming it up" and trying on all of the pretty jewelry with Mommy and Aunt Tammy.  $170 later, we left...  BROKE, but excited to be looking pretty when our stuff comes in!  :-)
  • Determined not to let the dishes go for another three weeks, I unloaded the dishes from the night before.
  • Went to the apartment office to pick up a big box of Scentsy stuff that had come in.
  • Having only purchased one grab bag of clothes the evening before, I decided to go back and buy another bag.  I ended the weekend with between $300-350 of clothes (resale shop prices) for just over $35!  And about 1/3 of the outfits still had original store tags on them and had never been worn!!!
  • Piled up all of my goodies, removed the tags, and sorted all of the clothes (included my own) into about 7 piles of laundry.
  • Stupidly went out in the 105 degree heat, pulled everything out of my outside storage, and completely rearranged.
  • Brought all of the baby things inside.
  • Found a bunch of Angel's things and emailed her to let her know I still had them.
  • Started hauling baby things upstairs to what's going to be the new nursery.
  • Took a much-needed shower.
  • Took down the "nursery" curtains in my bedroom and replaced them with my curtains.
  • Pulled all of the baby stuff out of my closet and started moving it upstairs.
  • Went through all of the clothes in my closet and pulled a bunch to donate to Goodwill (still have to go through my dresser though).
  • Did 6 of the 7 loads of laundry and put the clothes away (except for the baby clothes...  I need another storage tub for those).
  • Organized the baby things that I am going to keep downstairs and put them away.
  • Vacuumed my bedroom
  • Did an "art" (I use the term loosely, as it wasn't all that involved) project for the kids' bathroom that I'd been putting off since March.
  • Bagged several things of trash as I've been overrun by Scentsy boxes and packaging.  (I haven't made it out to the dumpster yet though.)
  • Started a grocery/still need for the nursery list.
  • And...  (drum roll please)  Cooked...  Yes, I said cooked... dinner!!!  Touched raw meat and everything!!!  I even put the dirty dishes directly into the dishwasher!  (Go, me!)
I'm fairly certain there was more crammed in there, but it's all kind of blurred together at this point.  I even somehow managed to watch a few movies and some TV too!  Hooray for multi-tasking!!!  :-)  So, while it wasn't exactly an overly-eventful or exciting weekend, I did get quite a bit accomplished.  My house still looks as though it's been hit by a tornado, but at least it's organized chaos now.  :-)  I'm going to the store after work to get a few of the items on my "still need" list, organizing the baby clothes, and lugging all of that upstairs tonight.  Then I have a feeling that I'll be taking a much-needed, well-deserved, bubble bath, and going to be early.

On a different note...  Still no word from anyone on the foster care front.  I'm not overly-impressed with the other agency that I contacted last week.  They must not be hurting for experienced foster parents if they can't be bothered to get back with me.  I should hear back from my old agency next week sometime to see whether or not they've found me "worthy" of fostering for them again.  (UGH!)  I'll just finish up the house and see if there are any upcoming foster care orientations nearby sometime soon.  They'll have to answer my questions in person, right?  :-)  I know I should try to cut them a little slack and wait it out, but patience is not one of my virtues.

1 comment:

Leah W said...

my vote is to still switch is your only chance with no little ones at home!

Related Posts with Thumbnails