Friday, May 9, 2014

"First Night" - Foster Care Supply Drive

 
 
May is National Foster Care Month, and we foster moms tend to take it very seriously when it comes to promoting, sharing our stories, and providing ideas on ways that anyone can help these amazing kids.  I have been focusing on my "Foster Care Bucket List" quite a bit while I'm taking my little foster care sabbatical, and this month I decided to organize a "First Night" Foster Care Supply Drive to help foster families in my agency with immediate needs upon placement. 

I am collecting things like diapers, pull-ups, underwear, diaper rash cream, baby wipes, toothbrushes, socks, pajamas, blankets, stuffed animals, formula, etc. "First Nights" can be stressful enough without having to make a midnight run to Walmart for Children's Tylenol when a little one comes to you in a hospital gown with a fever, three diapers, and no wipes (just like my very first placement). My hope is that we can collect a good supply of "First Night" supplies to have on hand for the children and families who need them.

Please comment or contact me if you'd like to contribute or would like more ideas or details!  I would also love to hear what all you have planned for National Foster Care Month in your area.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails