Monday, September 27, 2010

Happy Birthday, Baby Boy...

Dear Booger Bear,

Today is your 2nd birthday, and I wish more than anything that I was there to celebrate it with you.  It's hard to believe that the sweet little baby who completely stole my heart from the moment I opened my door and he flashed that two-toothed smile at me is now an official "big boy."  :-)  As much as I wish you were still mine, I know that you're just as happy and as loved with your daddy as you were when you were with me.  I pray every day that you continue to feel safe and loved and that your life is full of happiness. 

I learned so much from you, Booger Bear!  Probably just as much from you as you learned from me...  In the year that you were with me, I learned what it really means to be a mom.  Because of you, I learned that I can share my whole heart and my love with other little ones who need me, and even though I'll hurt desperately when they leave, because of what you've taught me, I'll open my heart again and again. 

I love you and I miss you every day, and I hope that you know that no matter where you are in the world...  And no matter how much time passes...  You will always be my little boy.  Happy Birthday, Booger Bear!

Mimi loves you!

1 comment:

Leah W said...

happy birthday to your boy

Related Posts with Thumbnails