Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I am Already Exhausted

A brief look into the next two weeks of mine and Monkey's lives.  I am tired already.
  • Tuesday, July 5th - Monkey visitation with Dad (morning)
  • Wednesday, July 6th - Monkey visitation with Mom (morning)
  • Wednesday, July 6th - 4-month well baby check (afternoon)
  • Thursday, July 7th - Hearing screening at the hospital (morning) - More on my suspicions about Monkey's hearing (or what seems to be a total lack thereof) in a future post...
  • Sunday, July 10th - Scentsy Open House (gotta supplement the income seeing as how I'm missing so much work!)
  • Tuesday, July 12th - Monkey visitation with Dad (morning)
  • Wednesday, July 13th - Monkey visitation with Mom (morning)
  • Wednesday, July 13th - CPS Caseworker Home Visit (after visitation w/Mom)
  • Wednesday, July 13th - Agency Worker Home Visit & Quarterly Inspection (home visit at the same time as caseworker visit, inspection afterwards)
  • Wednesday, July 13th - WIC appt (afternoon)
  • Wednesday, July 13th - Next court hearing (afternoon)
Sometime in there I also have to have my fire inspection done as it apparently expired last month, find time to hit up the apartment office to get them to complete the extermination records for my agency and add Monkey to the lease, and go to the Health Department (twice) to get my annual TB test (once for the skin test and again for the results) that according to my agency is also due.

Have I mentioned that I am a SINGLE, full-time working mom who works in the Finance Dept and all of this mess is falling during Month-End?!?!?

Times like these, I seriously wonder if this is all worth it.  But then I look at my kiddos, and I know that it is.  I just wish I had a little more help sometimes.  Doing this on my own is hard.  I'm exhausted.  I'm stressed out.  I'm worried about Monkey and what's going on with his hearing (and how I'm going to be able to give him the help that he needs if I'm at work all the time if it turns out he does have profound hearing loss).  Monkey still has problems with airway issues, congestion, and reflux on top of everything else.  :(  Most of the time, I don't mind doing this alone.  I am the one who signed up for it after all .  But times like these, when everything blows up and all of the craziness hits all at once, I just really wish I had some backup.

What I wouldn't give for a Girls' Night...  Mimi needs a break!!!  Actually...  What Mimi really needs is a full night's sleep!  One where I don't have to sleep with the baby monitor on and run downstairs to a choking baby every couple of hours.  That would be lovely.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I just found your blog and can completely relate to all the busyness that goes along with foster care! I also wanted to tell you that our foster baby had failed several hearing tests before being placed with us and got tubes put in her ears within the first week we had her. It made all the difference in the world-- it was literally like a switched was turned on the day the tubes were put in. She became so much more alert and interactive and now has passed all her hearing tests. I don't know if this is what your Monkey has going on, but just wanted to be able to offer some hope!

aka. Mimi said...

Thank you! I hope it's something that can be easily corrected. He has had chronic issues with allergies and severe congestion, and his pediatrician thinks that might be part of the problem. I REALLY, REALLY hope this is an easy fix. I hate that he has absolutely no response to any sound at all. :(

Lori C. said...

We're suppose to go out tomorrow nite, come with us if you can. I'd LOVE to see you!!! Big hugs girlfriend :)

MamaFoster said...

you play wonder woman and that gets very exhausting. you do a really good job though :)

FootPrints said...

sister! i'm exhausted for you!

Mama P said...

Man! I thought my schedule was bad!!! Why are the vistations on different days? They couldn't just do them on different hours in the same day? I don't envy you at all. Hang in there!

aka. Mimi said...

Apparently Mom is a somewhat "emotionally unstable and unpredictable person," and Monkey's caseworker wants to try to avoid them running into each other as much as possible. Fortunately the office is very close, and they have a case aid doing transportation (partly because they don't want Mom following me).

Related Posts with Thumbnails