Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Overdue


Dear Random CPS Employee Who I Have Never Heard of Before,

While I appreciate your many "kindly reminder" letters telling me that Monkey's 6-month well baby check is "overdue," I would like to take this moment to point out that Monkey is not yet 6 months old.  There is no need to send out the cavalry or to have me taken out back and flogged as I have not yet been remiss in my foster mommy duties.  With record keeping like this, it is no great surprise that children get "lost" in the foster care system.

Your due diligence is impressive however!  So much so that I would love to meet you in person, hunt down and introduce you to the Invisible CPS Caseworker, and pray that you become life-long friends so your persistence might wear off on her.  The woman still hasn't called me back.  Perhaps you could send her a "friendly reminder?"

Sincerely,
Exasperated Foster Mama
(aka. "Mimi")

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails