Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Thankful - Day One

So I'm a day late, but I think I'm going to take on this "Month of Thanksgiving" challenge.  I have quite a bit to be thankful for, and I don't think I express it enough.  I think there are often times when I need to remind myself of that.  So this month, I hope to take a few minutes every day to share a few of the things for which I am most grateful. 

Day One:

Today, I am extraordinarily thankful for my morning Route 44 Diet Coke with lime and extra ice from Sonic.
Trivial?  Perhaps...  But if you ask any one of my co-workers who have the distinct pleasure of being in my company every morning at 7:30am, I can pretty much guarantee you that they are just as thankful for my morning Diet Coke as I am.

I am thankful that I pulled in to the parking lot this morning, and found an empty parking spot close to the front door!

I am ever-so-grateful that there was one remaining peanut butter cup left over from the three bags of Halloween candy that my co-workers and I had brought to work yesterday.  My co-workers tend to flock to candy like vultures.  I'm not much of a "candy person," but today I needed it!  Not only was I grateful for that lone peanut butter cup, but I am also thankful that I had absolutely no qualms about snagging the last piece of candy.  :-)

I am thankful for allergy medication, and I appreciate my co-workers' understanding and patience as I sneezed my head off and went through an entire box of Kleenex over the past two days.

I am grateful that I got a 45-minute nap before heading to daycare to pick up Monkey.

I feel unbelievably blessed to see Monkey's face light up with that huge, toothy smile when I walk into his class every afternoon.  Nothing makes my heart happier than knowing that this little boy loves me almost as much as I love him.  :-)
I am happy that I have super-comfy pajamas that I immediately change into when Monkey and I get home in the evening, and that they didn't get too terribly soaked during Monkey's bath tonight. 

I am grateful for sleepy baby smiles and bedtime cuddles.

I am also thankful that Monkey was an "early to bed" boy tonight so Mama could catch up on her blogging.

Sometimes, it's the little things that we take for granted that help make our day just a little bit brighter, and today, I am thankful for all of those little things.  :-)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails