Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day "Thank You"

It's not very often that the father of your former foster child shows up on your doorstep with flowers, but when I opened my front door on Mother's Day that is exactly what I saw.  

Sunday nights are my usual "start nights" when it comes to keeping Monkey while his daddy is at work, so I was definitely expecting him...  Flowers, on the other hand, not so much.  :-)  I shouldn't have been surprised though.  Monkey's dad is a very polite, very respectful, very thoughtful guy.  The flowers and the "Thank you for being a mother to Monkey" were just the icing on my already awesome Mother's Day weekend "cake."

2 comments:

The Campbell's Journey said...

That is so TOTALLY awesome!! I got a text from our soon to be adopted little girls bio aunt telling me happy mother's day. The rights were just terminated this past week. Bio-Aunt and Bio-Mom are both teenagers. I about cried just over that simple text :)

Diane said...

Aaahhh! That is so awesome. Sweets' dad did actually say Happy Mother's Day, which is a pretty big deal, since he has been avoiding talking to me.

Related Posts with Thumbnails