Thursday, April 9, 2009

"If" Question of the Week - Week 3

"If you had to choose the best advertising campaign ever created, which one would it be?"
I have to admit, I'm not a huge fan of commercials. I tend to watch everything pre-recorded on my DVR so I can fast forward to the "good" stuff. I switch stations on the radio as soon as the commercials start playing. But there is one ad campaign that I just can't get enough of. It just tugs at my sarcastic heartstrings and often makes me weep with hysterical laughter. It is the "Real Men of Genius" campaign from Bud Light.

Of course I'm going to share a few of my favorites. :-)

Everyone knows this guy, but we usually love him anyway.



And how could you not fall in love with this man?



This one, however, is my absolute favorite! The man who invented the great taco salad...




And if the television commercials weren't hilarious enough, they went and did an entire radio campaign that usually has me pulling over on the side of the road because I'm laughing too hard to drive!

I'm from Texas, and this cracks me up because it's SO TRUE. Seriously. I haven't noticed a huge rush on New Hampshire tattoos, but I believe one out of five tattooed individuals proudly sport some homage to the great state of Texas. Heck! I'm actually planning to get one myself! Bluebonnets (the state flower ;-)...




And if that one isn't funny enough, who wouldn't appreciate the truth in this one? Who doesn't appreciate the "game-winning tips" and "subtle psychological ploys" of the "shirtless pro sports heckler?" :-)



There are so many more that I want to share... Mr. Professional Figure Skater, Mr. Local Hometown Football Hero, and Mr. Men's Room Toilet Paper Changer are also very dear to my heart. I might add more later. But for now, "We salute YOU, Mr. Real Men of Genius Campaign Creators!" You guys are freaking hilarious.

What about you? If you had to choose the best advertising campaign ever created, which one would it be?

3 comments:

Nana said...

Those are hilarious! I hadn't seen any of them.

You do know that your brother-in-law has a Texas tattoo on his arm, don't you? :-)

talesofamommymonster said...

You SO can't steal my bluebonnet tattoo! Especially if yours turns out better than mine. (Mine is not exactly what I had imagined.)

Vypergirl said...

LOL I love these commercials too!!! OOhhh, I am liking the bluebonnets idea!! Very nice!

Related Posts with Thumbnails