Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Frustrated

I'm frustrated this week. I WANT MY FIRST PLACEMENT ALREADY!!! I think I've managed to be extremely patient up until now, but it's starting to catch up to me this week. I have this empty bedroom just sitting there, ready and waiting. It's just a frustrating reminder that I have absolutely NO SAY in when it gets filled. I just have to sit here and wait while a bunch of strangers look at my file and decide whether or not they think I'd be a good enough mom. GRRR!!!

I had a busy weekend though. Lots of big plans and changes... I stopped by the apartment office and found out that the apartment I wanted will be available at the end of the month. I scrounged up the extra $200 for the transfer fee so I could reserve the place, so I can pick up the keys on Thursday, April 30th at 5:00pm. I'm having a "Prep the Place" party on Monday the 1st to paint my bedroom, line the shelves, install safety locks, etc. And then on Saturday, May 2nd, everyone is coming over to move me into the place. (I couldn't see spending $400 to hire movers to literally haul my stuff 50 yards. Hopefully my friends will show up! HINT... HINT... ;-)

The night that I reserved the new apartment, I got a phone call from my case manager asking if I could take a 4-year-old little girl. I wanted to cry! I was only prepared to foster infants. I didn't have a bed for a 4-year-old! They have to have their own beds. It's a rule. So I wasn't able to take her. :-(

On Sunday, my parents hooked me up. They said that they are going to do whatever it takes to help me get my kiddo(s), so they took me out and bought a twin bed for Foster Kiddo #1. I immediately told my case manager that I am now SET, and to increase my foster ages to 0-4 years old (I'm already verified for up to 2 children, ages 0-12, so I can adopt an older girl if we find a good match.) Now I'm frustrated because I was hoping that would get me a placement right away. But still... NOTHING!

The cat, however, is overjoyed that Nana and Papa bought him what he considers his very own bed! He waited patiently while I made it, and immediately jumped up, spread out, and fell asleep. He didn't even sleep with me last night! Spoiled little brat. He's in for a rude awakening when I do finally get my foster kiddo. He will be learning a lesson in sharing.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails