Wednesday, August 8, 2012

I'll Own It!


It occurred to me yesterday as I was updating my personal FB status that I tend to admit to doing quite a few things that many people would balk at announcing on the WWW.  I have no shame apparently.  What fun is it if you can't laugh at yourself, right?  Heck!  A good percentage of this blog is dedicated to my "I'll Own It!" moments and admissions.

Like the time that I admitted to several of my guilty pleasures including boy bands, "Galaxy Quest," and that Justin Bieber/Rascal Flatts song...  Or when I announced to everyone that my feet smelled funky...  Or the day that I spent a good five minutes trying to find a way to unlock my car when the clicker wasn't working, only to realize later that I could have just used the key...  I've admitted to my mishaps in the kitchen and my less than stellar eating habits.  I've even admitted to being a Naked Gimp when I had broken my leg and couldn't get dressed after my first shower.  Like I said, I have no shame.

Sooo...  I figured, why not dedicate a post or two to all of my "I'll Own It!" moments?  If I'm going to admit to all of my shortcomings and funky quirks on my personal FB page, I might as well post them here for all to enjoy!

And so, without further adieu...

  • Why, yes...  Yes, I did catch myself swayin' away and beboppin' to the awesome song in my head while sitting at my desk at work.  That "Thomas the Train" theme song ROCKS!  Those British kids can SANG!

  • I'll own it.  I spent a good 15 minutes the other day getting a good chuckle out of tormenting Christy by sending her text messages mentioning all of the foods that I know make her gag a little.  Yes, I'm a 37-year-old grown woman, and I still get a sick satisfaction out of teasing my little sister.  :-)

  • Yes.  I will admit that I pointed and laughed, danced a little jig, and sing-songed "Nanny-nanny boo-boooo!!!" to the cat when I decided to use this Winnie the Pooh area rug as a wall hanging so he wouldn't pee on it.  I sure showed him!!!

  • Okay...  Yes...  I did something that I swore I'd never do, and I let my 17-month-old take over my Kindle Fire.  While I refuse to purchase a $200 device for a 1-year-old, I have to admit it's coming in quite handy as a learning tool.  Monkey is all about the touchscreen and doing his animal sounds app.  :-)

  • Why, yes...  Yes, I did sit in the parking lot after work for a full 8 minutes trying to wrestle those stinking sunshades into submission to no avail.  I finally gave up, wadded them up, and stuffed them under the dash.  I don't have to work out today though what with 8 solid minutes of cardio in the 120 degree car and all...

  • Yes, I'll own it.  I had a momentary brain fart and returned a phone call to my agency and was about to tell them that "Sure!  I'll take three kiddos on emergency respite for the next few days!  8 months, 1-year, and 2-years?  No problem!"  Fortunately they had already found a place for them before I called them back (my Respite 3's foster home!!!).  That is going to be one crazy, busy house for the next several days...  :-)

And that is what I am "owning" for the week!  Stay tuned to see what next week brings...


    If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

    No comments:

    Related Posts with Thumbnails